From May 2013 we act as an official representative for an oil refinery in Iran. Currently we offer bitumen for sale both in bulk and in drums on annual contract basis. We will deal with an end buyer only. The buyer must have previous experience in purchasing bitumen.
Generally we sell on FOB terms. However, we are able to find chartered liquid asphalt vessels or dry cargo vessels that are licenced to carry drums. The minimum volume for drums is 5,000 MT per month and in bulk is 15,000 MT per month. The buyer should also provide history of using chartered vessels before.
Bitumen 40 / 50
Bitumen 60 / 70
Bitumen 85 / 100
Bitumen 90 / 15
The bitumen has never had any of the perfect physical and mechanical characteristics per se thus; researchers are always trying to modify the bitumen characteristic. Modifying its characteristics will results to its higher quality and longevity; therefore, maintenance cost and the reparation will highly reduce. The main disadvantages of the bitumen are: high sensitivity, low extension, limited range of services of temperature, tension resistance characteristics and so forth.
The most important bitumen modifiers are polymers specially rubbers like SBS and ext. The polymer bitumen advantages includes: excellent adhesion characteristic, best performance in all two high and low temperature range, high elastic properties, better resistance against flowing and high temperature deformation, reduced temperature sensitivity, improve tensile strength and increased modulus of rigidity in high temperatures.
Characteristics: It has different grades according to its usage and the region used.
Usage: Protection asphalt; recycling; asphalt surface; sealing the cracks; Geotextiles.
Emulsion bitumen is a mixture of modified microscopic particulates and bitumen by the mechanical energy resulted from a colloid mill in water phase and using the emulsifier materials as a superficial activator. These materials surround the bitumen particulates and prevent them from connecting together and bitumen clot. The quality of emulsion bitumen depends on agents sort as chemical properties of the bitumen used, type of the emulsifier, other chemical material used in product formulation and its distribution method.
When emulsion bitumen used, because of the temperature difference between spread surface and emulsion bitumen, the disintegration occurs and water emulsion separates and evaporates, and ultimately, emulsifier residues with bitumen at the road surface.
Types of Emulsion Bitumen:
Emulsions mainly divide into three groups:
The first and second types are mostly used in road construction industries. The Cationic type is mostly used due to its diversity types of materials in road construction industries. The cationic emulsion bitumen according to their refraction speed and its application type is divided into three categories:
- Emulsion bitumen CRS
- Emulsion bitumen CMS
- Emulsion bitumen CSS
Now the first one has the most common usage in country.
Thin coating; removing spots; sealing lined with sand; slurry sealing; no aggregate slurry sealing; very thin protective asphalt.
BituBale is a new technology, which has no harmful impacts on environment, and can provide the ability to packing different grade of bitumen to transport and easier use of product.
Dual covering film of polyethylene, which during the solvent (melt) has dissolved in bitumen and improve the packing bitumen quality.
The weight of every shit of BituBale is 25 Kg. And every 16 shits are grouped into one SBS bag and placed into a jumbo lifting bag. The weight of every jumbo bag is around 400 kg.
The Advantages of BituBail for the Customer
- Reduction of packaging costs.
- Reduction of the residue-waste caused by heat process at the time of replacement of containers and bitumen`s conveyance, and it`s economical pattern compared to other traditional packing.
- An efficient use of transportation space and the reduction of costs of replacement rather than barrel conveyance of bitumen.
- Reduced insurance costs regarding the lower packing risk of bitumen than other methods of packing for the costumers.
- Reduction of costs of product`s heating process.
- Elimination of the recycle costs and repelling the barrel, and the other residues resulting from bitumen transportation.
- The BituBale technology uses a performed polymer film in between the heating process of the product as an adaptable ingredient which can be effective in increasing the quality of bitumen.
- The easy transportation to the ultimate consumption place considering the low weight and the flexible packing.
- Usage of the high developed distribution for distributors of construction materials.
The common performances of this product are in building and road construction and also to product different insulators.
New methods of science development which nowadays are invented by the help of researchers and scientists from hundreds of researching centers around the world, causes important revolution in different fields of industry and engineering. There is no way except understanding this improvement, and using its effective results in all fields, for our country, Iran, in order to gain the permanent extension. Production of modified bitumen and emulsion which because of not polluting the environment are named the green bitumen is the result of modern working and technology in bitumen and asphalt industries.
About 900 tones of hydrocarbons are polluting the air in a day. If we suppose that the consumption of cutback in Tehran is 24.000tones a year, about 26tones of Kerosene is used in the asphalts of streets only in Tehran, which almost all this amount of Kerosene is vaporized as hydrocarbon and causes the 3% increase in the airpollution. Pasargad Oil Company, which announced the upgrading of the life quality through production of high quality and suitable products as one of its responsibilities, made the production of bitumen emulsion and substitution with cutback as its goal and started to investigate in this field from 2004. So Pasargad Oil Company started to build and install 7 units of bitumen emulsion and.
Advantages of Using the Green Bitumen
- Preventing the waste of 200,000tones of Kerosene per year.
- Preventing the of air pollution by hydrocarbons.
- Preventing the dangers of heating the cutback in workshops.
- Preventing the soil pollution with oil solvents.
- Speed in covering and preparing the roads (preventing the traffic and wasting the time and resources).
- Capability of production of cold asphalt in order to recycle and reuse the waste of old asphalt.
- In agriculture, using the emulsion causes the better growth of plants.
- Stopping the moving sand and preventing the growth of deserts.
Bitumen Emulsion Mechanism and Function
Bitumen emulsion is water based environment in which bitumen is dispersed as tiny particles with the diameter of about 0.1 to 5 microns. The percentage of water in this mixture can be about 30 to 50 percent which can be changed depends on the application of this emulsion.
Bitumen particles are made by a special machine called (Colloidal Mill). The main usage of this machine which is the main part of an emulsion production plant is cutting the heated bitumen into tiny pieces and mixing it with water.
A material called Emulsifier prevents the sticking of the bitumen particles together in water environment. Emulsifier molecules cover the outer layer of each bitumen particle and make them electrically positive or negative. As a result all the particles will be positive or negative which causes them not to stick together and emulsion will not break.
Some of the Usage of Bitumen Emulsion
- Tack coat
- Prime coat
- Dust palliative
- Mulch treatment
- Slurry seal
- Sand seal
- Fog seal
- Protection Coat
- Micro surfacing
- Cold mixed asphalt